Welcome

Hello and welcome to my humble blog! My interests are in God, my family and friends, being myself, SteamPunk , sewing, plants, the Great Outdoors, volunteering, gaming, and loving life.

Friday, May 13, 2011

1,000 views and a new old bike

Well I finally got lenses for my mask but I need more hot-glue to mount it,I signed up for classes at GRCC on Tuesday,we lost our phone line and modem in a lightning storm,worked in my garden,couldn't log into Blogger,and also got a "new" bike.My new bike is a Schwinn Collegiate III model Sturmey Archer AW 3-speed multi-speed-hub bike that I found at my grandparents place.Its a nice bike and has great SteamPunk potential.It actually doesn't need a lot of work for being so old.The reason I know it's so old is because it turns out it used to be my Mum's when she was a teen on through college.I've been working on it (adjusting cables,derusting what needs to be,oiling what needs it,etc..) and so far my only item on the shopping list that is "needed" to actually ride the bugger is a new wheel spoke lining for the front wheel (I probably will need one for the back one too but I haven't taken that wheel off).The tube was good,the tires are good so far too (they're the second set that the bike has ever had..Its from the early 80's by the way).The "hub" might need some new parts but I haven't cracked it open just yet and I plan on getting a new chain (sure it works but its way old).The paint on it is in good quality too (it's blue).

    Also,the blog finally hit the 1,000 view marker so i'm thrilled about that.Anyhoo,whenever the other computer works I'll upload some pictures of the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment