Welcome

Hello and welcome to my humble blog! My interests are in God, my family and friends, being myself, SteamPunk , sewing, plants, the Great Outdoors, volunteering, gaming, and loving life.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

A charcoal suit.

First Charcoal Gray Suit.

(Also, What I'm Wearing Today...)

  Wow, I finally own one after looking in thrift stores for the past 10 months, I found it at a Goodwill 2 days ago. It's a 2 button, Hill and Archer with pleated trousers that were much to long. It is striped with red, blue, and a teal/green alternating. I usually don't like fabric patterned that way, however it is growing on me with this suit.
  Single vent, the jacket was measured at a 40L which is roughly my size and fits surprisingly well.
Since the trousers were to long and it is pleated I added a cuff after setting the hem at a half break.

 Wearing my blue Brooks Brothers shirt I found for $2 and tailored to my torso.
(Ignore the unkempt facial hair please)

Not the best picture but I'm working with what I can here,
I took the legs in on each side to slim it and then cuffed,
 I'm very please with the outcome.

  So the lapel is a little wider than I like but it works very well with the suit, and also the pants have higher rise so they ride at my waist like I prefer. Overall, a excellent $12 suit.
--Nathan--

P.S. Enjoy the song, all rights to Peter Murphy, RCA, and Beggar's Banquet Records.


No comments:

Post a Comment