Welcome

Hello and welcome to my humble blog! My interests are in God, my family and friends, being myself, SteamPunk , sewing, plants, the Great Outdoors, volunteering, gaming, and loving life.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Rider of Rohan

Yes,my single 99% complete (I need to spray him with sealent) has had pics taken finally..In case you all haven't guessed yet,I am a procastonater,then again..so is the whole danged generation.Anyhoo,to avoid some of my earlier "epics" that I had with uploading pics and commenting on them(my uruk-hai phlanx for example),I'll tell you then upload.Alright,as you may have read earlier(at least I think I said it on this sight) that I was kinda trying to go for the Riders of the West scheme(more red in the paint mix),at the very least I painted the shields,saddle blankets,and belt sashes red.Also,since I was batch painting all I have to do is some highlighting and finish the horses(they are a pain in the a**).With the faces all I really did was paint them flesh colured but I tried doing the eyes(FAIL) and mouths(less fail) so I recoated the flesh and painted any facial hair and then I washed the whole figure(all of em) in a homemade wash of about 50/50 water and black poster paint which REALLY brought out the detail and made em look all halfway decent,Ihighlighted a few things again and then put one on his horse(no glue) and popped on his sheild(no glue again),the reason I didn't glue the rider on or his shield is so that way I can sorta customize my army every time and also let say I get a butt-load of em(not likely cuz painting them takes forever) and I did WotR(sbg's expansion known as:War of the Ring) Then I could change shields,horses,etc.. for each formation/tray/etc..  Ok then,here are the pics:









No comments:

Post a Comment